Friday, September 4, 2009

not much I can do about that

So...the manager at the coffee shop I work at suggested that all the workers check out the negative reviews on Yelp to see what customers are complaining about and to find ways to improve the shop. According to my manager, lots of people complained about poor customer service, which upon review of the reviews (har har) I found to be pretty true. But most of the reviews say the same thing: the coffee is bad. Simple as that. Some people were nice and said things like "You don't come here for the coffee, you come here for the ambiance." That's a terrible thing to say about a COFFEE shop.

I work at a coffee shop that sells bad coffee.

I am so ashamed.

3 comments:

  1. I felt similarly when I worked at Perks and I thought it was the best coffee ever and then read the reviews.. :-/ but you just have to remember, everyone has their own preference! And only people who feel strongly either negatively or positively comment on things like yelp usually, so, maybe those people just had one bad experience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Manvi, you are too right - I shouldn't get discouraged over a couple of bad reviews. I personally thing the coffee is pretty good, and we have a lot of regulars who seem to feel the same way :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. cheer up, buttercup. those that don't like it...shouldn't come, then. plain as that. those that do like it will come back again and again. :)

    ReplyDelete