Thursday, September 17, 2009

the future wants to eat me.

In the last week, I have gone from helpless, sleep-depriving panic about what I wanted to do with my life to helpless, sleep-depriving panic about where I want to go about doing it. I've narrowed it down to a Master's degree in Counseling Psychology, usually a 2-year program that prepares you for getting licensed as a Marriage and Family Therapist. But, I can't decide whether to stay in California, or venture over to the East Coast and try a program in Chicago or Boston. There are some pretty cool people out there, I've heard. Decisions, decisions! But I figure I can't lose either way. As long as I can easily become licensed in California after obtaining a degree elsewhere, why not try something new?

Also, my book club has died because all the books I want to read are still on hold by 2597354 other people before me at the library. I read The Memory Keeper's Daughter a few weeks ago, and loved it. I kept it in my purse at all times in case I got a spare couple of minutes, seconds even, pumping gas or waiting in the drive-through. I'm just mad I didn't listen to my mom 2 years ago when she first recommended it to me. Moms always know best.

Time to swing by my new favorite Mexican place (conveniently located ONE BLOCK AWAY from my new house) and pick up some grub for Jon and myself. I haven't seen him since I took him to the airport on Monday for his Univ. of Virginia interview. He had UCLA today, so I'm sure he's got lots to tell me. The future is looking bright for my favorite Dodger fan :)

2 comments:

  1. so excited for Jon!
    As for you, the best advice I've ever received: pursue all possible routes 100%; one's going to work out. Don't limit yourself...the universe will point you the right way, but give it what it needs to do that :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow. i love both of you. everything always makes me feel better once I read your comment son each other's posts.

    ReplyDelete