Wednesday, April 21, 2010

food and fun with lindsey ♥

A few weeks ago, I had a very special weekend guest chez Blonde Gourmande: one of my very best friends Lindsey (aka La Gourmande Rouge!). Linds and I have been friends since middle school, and luckily for me, she loves food and cooking (and French!). So I knew we were in for some fun, both in the kitchen and out.

The first night she visited, we attempted pizza dough from scratch, subbing half the white flour in the original recipe for whole-wheat flour. We topped it with pesto and WW shredded cheese, and the results were extraordinary!
Lindsey made a great sous chef. All she needs is a fancy white hat!

The raw dough, waiting to be transformed into something delicious (and edible).

Cheese, please!

Before...

...and after. YUM. This pizza didn't last long!


The next morning, I suggested we try a recipe for cranberry and corn pancakes from Not Eating Out in New York. Lindsey seemed dubious, but eager to try. Despite how gorgeous these babies looked, I gotta say, corn in pancakes is not something I am apt to try again. But, at least we gave it a shot.

Gorgeous cranberries really popped against the yellow of the corn.

This stack of pancakes looks promising...but the texture/taste combo was a little too unusual for our liking.


A couple more highlights of Lindsey's visit:


Natural History Museum, Balboa Park

Picnic Lunch in Balboa Park


Cooking ratatouille, cassoulet, and and homemade bread for the boys. They didn't balk at the veggies, and even came back for seconds!





All in all, a very enjoyable, very tasty weekend. I only wish it could have been longer!

I have many more pictures from other cooking adventures, including my birthday weekend, but those will have to wait - it's dinner time :)

1 comment:

  1. awww. that was a lovely weekend indeed!

    a nice way to start off what shall be a most excellent quarter!

    <3

    ReplyDelete