Monday, February 8, 2010

good news, bad news

Cooking has become my outlet for grief. My grandpa passed away last week, and I have since made lemon ricotta pancakes, tomato basil frittata, a bean and cheese casserole, a huge batch of oatmeal chocolate chip cookies, and Super Bowl spicy bean dip. My kitchen has been a madhouse, but I've been keeping my shirts nice and clean thanks to the wonderful gift my sister sent me. Happy early, early birthday to me!I assure you, the jealousy you are experiencing is completely normal.

Thanks to delicious food in my belly and the support of my lovely friends, I'm feeling much better. The funeral is in two weeks - I am already preparing lots of yummy treats and comforting meals to get me though it.

2 comments:

  1. look at you j driver,

    so fierce and cute in your apron all at the same time.

    keep yourself wrapped up in 'licious :) <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow. i am jealous. of the delicious food you're making/eating and of the apron. i miss you.

    ReplyDelete